Sunday, March 22, 2009

God in Creation

I've been spending a whole lot of time on the waters in and around the St. John River in Jacksonville, Florida. Manatee area! I haven't seen one yet, but I have witnessed the remarkable beauty of God. It is not simply the wildlife, mostly birds, that I have seen. It's bigger.

I am not one who is usually outside in the predawn hours. This week I have been and here's what I've witnessed: I have seen the waning moon with Venus keeping company nearby. I have seen the sky brighten and fill with the noise of birds beginning their day. I have seen the placid waters begin to ripple as the wind awakens from its calm slumber. I have see the cool fog lift off grass. All of these things have filled me with peace and more. They fill me with a view of the wondrous divine gift of creation. The world continues like this, unnoticed and mostly undisturbed by human hands everyday. It simply continues, because it gives glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment